KIA Motors reopens under Alert Level 4
- All KIA dealerships reopen nationwide today
- Facilities fully compliant with regulations stipulated by the South African Government, issued in terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002
- Additional safety measures in place to protect customers and staff
13 May 2020 – KIA Motors South Africa is pleased to announce that as of today, its national dealership network is opening its doors again under Alert Level 4. Under this level, the company may sell to whoever is in the market to purchase a new or used vehicle, without any restrictions, and to provide servicing to the entire KIA Motors car parc. The KIA team has been hard at work to ensure that all facilities are fully compliant with the regulations stipulated by the South African Government, in terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002.
“With many of our customers returning back to work this week, it’s vital that we are up and running and able to support all their vehicle requirements in a safe and structured environment,” says Gary Scott, CEO, KIA Motors South Africa. “Over the past few weeks we have worked hard to develop processes and procedures at every dealership that safeguard both our staff and customers, and providing the necessary comfort to visit our dealer network.
What customers can expect
All dealerships will be operating under full compliance with Alert Level 4 safety measures:
- All visitors and staff will be subject to temperature screening when entering a KIA Motors facility. No person with a body temperature over 37,5 degrees Celsius will be allowed in;
- All visitors will be offered sanitiser to clean their hands and, once they gain entry past reception, will be accompanied by a member of staff until they leave the premises. Social distancing measures will apply at all times;
- In some cases it will be advised that customers remain in their vehicles until they can be assisted. Staff members will provide clear instructions;
- Perspex screens have been fitted at counters where there is interaction between staff and customers;
- All public spaces will be sanitised 6 times per day;
- Only one person is allowed in the restroom at a time; full sanitization every two hours;
- All staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as masks, at all times;
- When receiving and handing over customers’ cars, we will carry out antiseptic treatment of interior elements, such as: steering wheel, gear knob, door handles and adjustment details of various systems, ignition keys and key rings, etc;
- All cleaning procedures will apply to demo vehicles as well, and these will be santised before and after use;
- Customers can, at any time, request that a specific area or vehicle be sanitised in their presence.
We encourage our clients to call their preferred dealership beforehand – whether it is to attend to a vehicle repair, book a service appointment or schedule a showroom visit – as it will enable the dealership to stagger visitors, thereby keeping the number of people inside the dealership to acceptable levels, as well as negating any waiting time at the dealership. Customers have expressed concern regarding their inability to have their vehicles serviced during the Level 5 Lockdown period, and KMSA wishes to assure customers that we have accommodated the lockdown period by extending warranty, service and maintenance parameters. Please feel free to contact any KIA dealership for further information.
“Despite the lengths we’ve gone to, to ensure everyones safety, we appreciate that some customers might still be hesitant to engage physically in a public space, which is why our dealerships have been adequately resourced and mandated to provide customers with tailor-made service solutions that give them the necessary comfort to purchase or service with us,” comments Scott. “The dealership may even offer you an alternative to visiting the showroom, such as an at-home test drive, or collecting and dropping your vehicle for servicing and maintenance. Give us a call, send us an email or connect with us through Kia.co.za; we will find the best solution to your need.”